1. My parents we married for six years before I was able to be conceived. If you count nine months from January 1 correctly you’d possibly and most likely find yourself on my birthday. I guess their New Year’s wish came through.
2. Everything that I eat makes me sick. As in EVERY LAST THING! Unfortunate but I’d rather be in pain and survive to see the world around me and to keep on going on adventures than not to. Plus I have acid re-flux that Nexium only ‘eased up’ not removes.
3. I resent Facebook, the social media site. I deactivate my account all of the time then reactivate it because of it’s ability to give me easy access to my friends and family who have been scattered across the world.
4. I love Jesus and strive to emulate his love in my everyday activities but I fail terribly. He still loves me though.
5. I rarely complete thoughts. They pop into my brain like sunflowers opening their petals to the sun for the first time (I’ve never actually seen the growth process of a sunflower so forgive me if I’m wrong but that’s what I gather it would look like based on my experiences with other flowers) then before it can show it’s glory, another taller and bigger, yet not necessarily better sunflower grows past it. New thoughts are constantly being formed before their predecessors have grown. Although we’ve only reach number five on this list I’ve thought through about 8-11 things that would be awesome to add but forgot them because new ideas sprouted up blocking them out.
6. Over the next three year I intend to work for, save and make $500,000 TT so that I can pay to finish my undergraduate degree abroad. Why not save it to pay for my Masters? I have no intentions of giving in to this paper society to such an extent. In other words, I have no intentions of doing my Masters. < I have an odd tingling that someone might bring this up in an attempt to use against me in the future… this will be interesting.
7. My mom has started a vegetable garden in our side and backyard. We have cucumbers, chive, lettuce, cassava, patchoi (a.k.a. Pat’s joy in my house because mom is the only one who likes it yet she loves to cook it), okra, shadow beni, tomatoes, pigeon peas. I’m looking forward to eating my home grown vegies. 7b. I’m accustomed to eating home grown veggies, my grandmother has a wonderful garden.
8. I have a namesake! My cousins named their daughter after me. So now there are two Rushells in this beautiful world. Personal: Knowing that she’d possibly either look up to me one day or be proud to know that she was named after someone has kept me from doing a lot of things. Really bad things. I love her.
9. Right now I’m supposed to be seasoning minced beef to cook for dinner for my family but then I remember that blogging is fun and I had turned it into a very legalistic activity and that’s possibly why I rarely do it anymore. This was fun to blog about and I thought of these things off of the top of my head. (Refer to number 5 if everything didn’t make absolute sense and refer to number 9 if you were wondering why I’m not going to read over and edit this post.)
10. On Saturday I’m doing my first open water swim. It’s 3000m long. I’ve been training for all of 5 weeks three times a week. I’m doing it for fun and I have no care about where in the group I finish as long as I finish. I am confident that I will finish however. I’ve never actually competitively swam that distance in the pool or sea and I’m quite unwell right now; it hurts to walk and breathe but I had a great last training session today.
Here’s a random picture. I’m just going to go into the file and pick a random one.
I know that I said 10 things but this one is interesting: I filled the entire hard drive on my laptop in two and a half years. I’m not certain how. Pictures take up quite a lot of space actually.
So that’s it for tonight. Let me go prepare my dinner as anyone young girl who intends to be a housewife while raising her children should.
You are loved.
I love you with the love that Christ has loved me.
(Refer to number 4)